From Rickard Johansson
J TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files.
Below is a small list of features available in the program.
* Auto completion.
* Code folding.
* Column mode.
* Multi edit and multi select
* Advanced sorting.
* Handles both ASCII and binary files.
* Html wizards.
* Use TopStyle Lite as your CSS editor if installed.
* FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
* File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
* Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
* Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
* Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
* Unicode file paths and file names.
* Html validation, format and repair.
* Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap
As with all other multi-edit features you position multiple text cursors or make several selections using Ctrl+LeftMouseButton. Then simply use Paste (Ctrl+V) to insert text, from the clipboard, in all instances at once.
This feature works with text clips that contain several lines, but there is one limitation. You can only insert one multiple line clip per line. If you have two selections on the same line, only the first selection is replace when you paste. You can insert as many one line clips as you want though, even on the same line.
* I added a JSP syntax file in this version.
* You can now use  arrays with auto completion, e.g. List[index].
Text Clip Manager
Added buttons to sort or position your clips as you like in the lower list. You can also insert separators by adding an item called -.
* Updated the help on syntax files.
* Double click on document tab bar will open a new document.
* Added option to assign files without an extension to a highlighter. (Preferences -> Editor - File).
* Added a button for RegEx help in all search dialogs.
* May have fixed some Unicode path issues.
* Illegal control characters are now removed when you open the file. A message is displayed to inform the user when this happens.
* Added a silent option to the Document.ReplaceAll script function.
* Updated the regex dll to a newer version.