From R-tools technology Inc.
R-Studio is a comprehensive data recovery and undelete program renowned for its ability to recover mission-critical data lost to viruses, malicious attacks, and hardware failures or operating system crashes. It supports FAT/NTFS (All Windows), exFAT(WinMobile, Windows Vista and Windows 7), HFS/HFS+ (Mac), UFS1/UFS2 & Ext2FS/3FS/4FS file systems and functions on local and network disks, even if partitions are formatted, damaged or deleted. All 64-bit Windows versions are supported. Additional file recovery algorithm increases the quality of file recovery and recovers files not recognized in file system metadata.
Dynamic disk and RAID (including RAID 6) are supported as well as recovering encrypted files, compressed files and alternative data streams. Files and file systems structures (NTFS/FAT boot sectors, MFT file record, MBR, LDM structures, etc) can be viewed and edited in the professional disk hex editor. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and hard drives with size and offset adjustment is available. In-place saving of recovered files on a remote computer allows to serve computers over the Internet connection. Extended Viewer Plugin allows viewing a content of the found files to estimate recovery chances
* In-place saving of recovered files on a remote computer. When recovering data on a remote computer over network, R-Studio can now save recovered files to another disk of the same remote computer-to an external USB hard drive, for example. Moreover, the remote computer can be connected to the Internet rather than to a local network. This feature is especially useful for data recovery technicians and corporations, which can now serve their clients truly remotely over the Internet and do not need to transfer large volumes of data over network. In addition, files recovered from a remote computer can be saved to a local computer or on another remote computer with an Internet connection where R-Studio Agent is running.
* Forensic mode (Technician version only). In this mode, R-Studio generates a forensic data collection audit log that can be presented at court hearings. This log includes information about a hardware configuration on which the forensic data collection takes place and MD5 checksum for recovered files.
* RAID 6 support, including Reed-Solomon and Vertical XOR. Support for custom-specified RAID 6 layouts.
* Support for exFAT and Ext4 FS file systems.
* Advanced object copy. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and hard drives with size and offset adjustment is available.
* Support for 64- and 32-bit Windows versions. Under a 64-bit Windows, R-Studio overcomes the 3GB RAM limit for a 32-bit application and utilizes all physical RAM installed in the 64-bit Windows machine. This greatly enhances performance of the software, especially when scanning high-capacity disks.
* Clickable links in the text/hexadecimal editor. Those links provide direct jumps to important parts of objects being analyzed and edited.