From Bartels Media GmbH
PhraseExpress eliminates repetitive typing and manages frequently used text snippets in customizable categories. Boilerplate templates can be stored together with bitmaps and RTF or HTML text formatting.
The unique text prediction feature watches out for repetitive text patterns and offers to auto-complete such phrases. Smart algorithms analyze and learn your writing patterns, and suggest the most relevant ways to complete phrases and sentences.
The Autotext feature allows assigning a frequently used text such as your address, your signature or a common phrase to a much shorter abbreviation. Whenever you type in the assigned abbreviation PhraseExpress will automatically replace it with the original text. For example, "ty" will be expanded to "thank you very much. Existing MS Office AutoCorrect entries can be imported for use in any Windows program, not just MS Office.
PhraseExpress automatically recognizes unwanted Autotexts and suppresses the text replacement the next time you enter the Autotext.
The Clipboard Cache enhances the native Windows clipboard functionality by remembering all items that are copied to the clipboard and storing them for later pasting.
Phrase Organizer functions
* Phrase items can be organized in categories including sub-categories.
* Phrases can be inserted system-wide in any Windows application such as MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, Thunderbird, database frontends, Skype, MSN, ICQ, Opera, Firefox, InternetExplorer, etc.
* Phrases can be inserted by...
o selecting the phrase from a task tray icon popup menu
o Popup menu next to the cursor
o Hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts)
o Autotext (text abbreviations)
o Floating menu
* Text snippets can include HTML-, RTF- and Microsoft Word text formatting and .JPG, .PNG. .BMP und .TIFF bitmap images.
* Phrases are stored in Unicode to provide compatibility with e.g. for Asian language character sets.
* Phrases can be linked and nested. This feature allows you to create text templates that can be re-used in multiple phrases.
* Simulation of any keystroke including special keys to automate tasks.
* Quick access to the last used phrases.
Dynamic phrase contents
Dynamic content can be added to the static phrase contents:
* Manual text input can be embedded within a static phrase.
o The input field can be single- or multi-line
o The input can optionally have a customizable default value. This default value itself can be another phrase or dynamic data such as the current or past date with customizable date shift.
o A single text input can be re-used in multiple places within the phrase.
o Manual input can be entered in a dynamically generated form.
* Date-/time stamp
o The date format can be freely customized, (e.g. "10/09/09", "Nov 09", "Monday", etc.).
o You can define a custom time shift, e.g. current date plus 14 days.
Optional web browser