From phpMyAdmin Devel Team
phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. Currently it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields, manage privileges,export data into various formats and is available in 55 languages. GPL License information.
phpMyAdmin can manage a whole MySQL server (needs a super-user) as well as a single database. To accomplish the latter you will need a properly set up MySQL user who can read/write only the desired database. It is up to you to look up the appropriate part in the MySQL manual.
Currently phpMyAdmin can:
* browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
* create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
* maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
* execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
* load text files into tables
* create1 and read dumps of tables
* export1 data to various formats: CSV, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel and LATEX formats
* administer multiple servers
* manage MySQL users and privileges
# patch #2969449 [core] Name for MERGE engine varies depending on the MySQL version, thanks to Dieter Adriaenssens - ruleant
# bug #2966078 [browse] Incorrect LIMIT is saved and sticks while browsing
# bug #2967366 [Structure] Some results of Propose table structure are shown in hex
# bug #2967565 [insert] UNHEX not selected by default when inserting BINARY
# [navi] Changed link to git repository on main page
# bug #2972232 [menu] Import menu tab not present on main page
# patch #2976790 [menu] Go to the upper level after table DROP, thanks to Kaarel Nummert - kaarelnu
# patch #2978815 [pdf] Fix generating PDF with table dimensions, thanks to BlinK_
# patch #2977725 [export] XML wrongly encoded, thanks to Victor Volkov - hanut
# patch #2979234 [import] Create tables with current charset and collation.
# patch #2979234, bug #2960105 [import] Properly import unicode text from ODS.
# bug #2973280 [export] Proper handling of temporary directory in XLS export.
# bug #2980582 [interface] Properly format server status parameter.
# bug #2973949 [session] SQL History broken (revert patch #2899969),
# thanks to Dieter Adriaenssens - ruleant
# [doc] Be more specific about problems with Suhosin.
- You need PHP 5.2.0 or newer, with session support (see FAQ 1.31) and the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension.
- MySQL 5.0 or newer