From phpMyAdmin Devel Team
phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. Currently it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields, manage privileges,export data into various formats and is available in 55 languages. GPL License information.
phpMyAdmin can manage a whole MySQL server (needs a super-user) as well as a single database. To accomplish the latter you will need a properly set up MySQL user who can read/write only the desired database. It is up to you to look up the appropriate part in the MySQL manual.
Currently phpMyAdmin can:
* browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
* create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
* maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
* execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
* load text files into tables
* create1 and read dumps of tables
* export1 data to various formats: CSV, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel and LATEX formats
* administer multiple servers
* manage MySQL users and privileges
Some bug fixes:
-[engines] Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_latched no longer returned in status
- #2890451 [setup] Inconsistent generated designer_coords
- #2890443 [mysqli] No index used in query exception is reported
- #2891250 [ob] Garbled data in navi frame (PHP 5.2.11 bug)
- You need PHP 5.2.0 or newer, with session support (see FAQ 1.31) and the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension.
- MySQL 5.0 or newer