From PassMark Software
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
* Find out if your PC is performing at its best.
* Compare the performance of your machine to similar machines.
* Measure the effect of configuration changes and upgrades.
* Avoid paying big bucks for poor performance.
* Make objective independent measurements on which to base your
* Use the advanced tests to create you own benchmark scenarios
Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
Standard test suites
* CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
* 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
* 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
* Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
* Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
* CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
Advanced configurable tests
* Advanced Disk
* Advanced CD / DVD
* Advanced 3D graphics
* Advanced Networking (for Ethernet, Internet and Wireless)
* Advanced Memory
* Advanced Multi-tasking
* Advanced Visualized Physics
PassMark Rating and comparable baselines
In addition to the standard tests, there are 7 summary results plus the overall \"PassMark Rating\" result. The benchmark results are presented as easy to read bar charts so that you don\'t need to spend hours studying the number to know the result. Timing for the tests is done using high resolution timers, which are accurate to approximately 1 millionth of a second on most PC\'s.
A major advantage is the support for built-in baseline results which allows you to compare computer systems (a baseline is a standard set of results from another computer). These baseline results can be used to determine how fast your computer is in comparison with other computer systems.
PerformanceTest comes with six baseline results as well as the ability to search and download thousands more from our online database of user submission.
The application includes the following additional features:
* Comprehensive online help
* Supports hyper-threading, and multiple CPUs testing
* Detailed disk speed graphs
* Supports printing results
* The ability to save your benchmark results to disk as a new baseline
* A customizable \"Notes\" field for storing your own information along with the saved Benchmark result.
* Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word)
1024x768 pixel display, DirectX 9.0c or higher, 64 MB RAM, 30 MB of free hard disk space
30 days trial