From Pitrinec Software
Why type the same phrases again and again? Why mistype? Why not let the computer do repetitive and boring tasks? Why not have macros working in any Windows application?
Perfect Keyboard is an award-winning, time-saving utility running under the Windows operating systems. The program allows a user to create a file of frequently used phrases, paragraphs, e-mail addresses, macros, clipboard entries, scripts, etc. and use them in any application just by typing a short abbreviation (text shortcut) or pressing a hotkey (key shortcut). The Perfect Keyboard supports macro recording (keyboard and/or mouse events) so that user can simply record macros rather than program them. The Perfect Keyboard scripting language (150+ commands) allows one to insert time and date, activate a window, launch applications, manage files and directories, work with clipboard, download files, format text and more. Creating macros doesn't require any programming skills thanks to visual editing tools.
- Easy to use three-pane user interface: Macros are organized to user defined groups (similar to folders in Windows Explorer) for simpler navigation and management. Macro properties are showing in tabbed pane where can be easily modified.
- Simple visual macro editing. It is not necessary to know the macro language syntax. Each command and its parameters is visually edited in its own edit window.
- Fully featured macro editor with integrated debugger. Easily debug macros and watch variable values.
- Smart macro recorder. Macro recorder detect when a window where macro is being recorded is changed and automatically adds code for appropriate window activation. Macro playback reliability is much improved.
- Security - macro file is encrypted and thus it is not possible to view its content in other program or file viewer.
- Password protection - macros can be password protected so that only authorized persons can view/run/modify them.
Sharing macros in work group. It is possible to share macros over LAN network so that all employees have access to the same macros.
- Generate a file for FreeMacroPlayer. * FreeMacroPlayer is a free environment allowing to trigger and play macros the same as in Macro ToolsWorks.
- Application specific macros - the same macro trigger can start different macros in different applications. This allows user to unify computer environment.
Variety of ways how to fire macro via keyboard:
# Auto text - specify the text that you want to be able to automatically insert in other target windows (word processor, e-mail, chat, web forms, etc.). When you start typing such a text a small assistant window with selection of matching "auto text" macros is shown for fast insertion.
# Text shortcut - specify the macro text and its text shortcut (for example ".sct"). Typing the text shortcut causes the macro text replaces the text shortcut typed.
# Hot keys - specify hotkeys
Pentium 90MHz, 64MB RAM, 15MB disk space, Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer