PDF-ShellTools is a software that extend the Windows Shell and provide access to several tools to work with PDF documents directly from the Shell environment.
With it we can perform many common tasks with our PDF documents without the need to open Adobe Acrobat or another PDF desktop application.
Directly from the Windows Shell is practical but sometimes it is better if we can control the power the tools provide from batch and script operations, or even, from another application. To allow that, they also provide command line interface and DLL exported functions.
The current implementation group this tools:
* PDF-InfoTip - Show file metadata information in shell Infotip balloons.
* PDF-InfoEdit - Property sheet to edit the metadata information.
* Insert/Append/Attach on Drop - Insert, append or attach supported document(s) onto a PDF file, by drag dropping it onto that PDF file.
* Column Handler - Supported in Windows 2000 and XP, provides the ability to add new columns to the details view of Explorer window to display, in our case, PDFs metadata. Very useful to easily identify and sort PDFs.
* Property Handler - Introduced in Windows Vista, this powerful extension provides Shell read and write access to, in our case, PDFs metadata.