From Opera Software ASA
Discover the new Opera. Handcrafted to bring you faster, more secure
browsing, Opera gives you more efficient browsing and great
customization options. Download the fast and free alternative web
-Speed Dial groups your top-visited sites directly on a custom start page.
Stash feature captures a page you want to revisit later or compare with
others, and saves it into a simple, sophisticated list that's
searchable by resizable screenshot or keyword.
-The Discover feature gives you top-quality news and entertainment from around the globe.
-Off-Road mode compresses pages for faster, all-conditions browsing especially on slower network connections.
-Themes and extensions let you customize the Opera browser by changing its look and adding new functionalities.
combined search and address bar lets you get search results from
multiple search engines at the same time, or add your own custom engines
for fast access to the information you want.
Customize your browser
You can add, remove or reposition buttons and toolbars or change the entire layout of the browser. It is easy to do or undo.
Access bookmarks instantly
The convenient bookmarks bar keeps commonly visited sites and bookmark folders in front of you at all times, allowing instant access. You can enable this toolbar by selecting Opera menu -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Bar.
Choose your look and layout
Opera's vibrant user community has created many beautiful skins and setups for you to try, so you can have a customized look for your browser.
Create your own shortcuts
Opera offers many ways to perform browser actions, and you can also customize your own keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures and more.
Look inside tabs
When you hover the mouse pointer over a tab, a preview shows you the content of that page. When you stack tabs, hovering over a stack also shows a preview of the tabs within, and you may select the tab you want to use.
Re-open tabs you closed
With Closed Tabs, you can open tabs that you accidentally closed or website pop-ups that Opera blocked.
Protect a tab from closing
By right-clicking a tab, you can pin it to prevent it from being closed by accident. Pinned tabs take up minimal space and are automatically moved to the left of other tabs to make them easy to find.
Get a better view of tabs
Visual tabs show a small thumbnail for each website, in addition to the page title and icon. You can drag the tab bar to the desired height to adjust the thumbnail size accordingly.
Save sets of tabs
You can save your open tabs as a "session" and load it later on to open these same pages. You can have multiple sessions and load each one based on what you are doing at a certain time.
Stay in control of downloads
Download files more quickly. As soon as you click a file
- Drag and Drop not working in some instances
- Deleting a bookmark closing/collapsing all folders
- Focus being lost when deleting bookmarks
- Integrated search performing searches in Google and not in the page
- The Opera O menu button reappearing when the Menu bar is enabled
- The Opera icon remaining in the system tray after closing Opera
- Minimized tabs not displaying after a restart
- Favicon not being added to Bookmarks due to a question mark in the filename
Individual characters in Chinese text being rotated anti-clockwise
Mail, News, Chat:
- A problem occurring when right-clicking entries under "All messages" and selecting Compose
- Chat notification appearing if a chat tab is active
- Ghost e-mails appearing in the Trash folder after emptying it and restarting Opera
- Message not loading when it is deselected and selected again
- Mail being blank when using fit to width
- Attached files not being sent if mail is sent immediately after attaching them
- Opera Mail welcome e-mail message not being localized
- The text part of HTML e-mails missing the reply character " > " for block quotes
Display and scripting:
- Icons missing from menus in 16-bit color mode
- Slow scrolling performance
- Incorrect font used for a UTF-8 encoded page without the language (CJK) being specified
- Fixed an issue where the HTTP Content-Length header could be used to execute arbitrary code; see our advisory
- Fixed an issue where XSLT could be used to retrieve random contents of unrelated documents, as discovered by crazypops; see our advisory .
- Cookies received over NPAPI being incorrectly parsed
- Reinstated blocking of third party cookies by default
- Opera sometimes storing a cookie for the domain it came from, rather than the set domain
20 MB free disk space