From Fookes Software Ltd
NoteTab is a leading text and HTML editor. Winner of software industry awards since 1998, this application does it all: it easily handles a stack of huge files; lets you format text to your heart's content; does system-wide searches, and multi-line global replacements. It even corrects your spelling mistakes. Build document templates, add bookmarks, convert text to HTML on-the-fly, and take charge of your code. Use a simple, power-packed scripting language to create anything from a text macro to a mini-application.
NoteTab Pro offers multi-level undo and redo commands, accelerated text processing, and highlighted URLs and HTML tags, making it an ideal tool for advanced users, web developers, and programmers. NoteTab Pro has won the annual SIAF People's Choice award six times since 1998.
All versions of NoteTab allow multiple files to be opened simultaneously in the tabbed interface that also includes a fully configurable toolbar with over 90 commands. Search and replace functions allow processing of all open documents or specified disk folders, and text copied from other applications to the Windows Clipboard can be automatically pasted in a chosen NoteTab document. NoteTab also has its own scripting language that enables the creation of custom text-processing tools. A large number of ready-made scripts are already included in the program, and many more have been made available by other NoteTab users on our Clip Resources page. Examples of included scripts include measurement and currency conversion, calculation of mortgage rates and the future value of deposits, stripping HTML tags from files, and encrypted password storage.
NoteTab supports a variety of industry standards and operations, including PCRE regular expressions and XHTML, and seamlessly integrates with a number of popular third-party utilities.
* Handles many documents at once, even huge files (only limited by system resources).
* Drag-and-drop text editing.
* AutoCorrect/Auto-replace mode similar to Microsoft® WinWord.
* Supports Microsoft Office sound events.
* Fully configurable toolbar with flat or standard buttons (more than 90 commands available).
* Fully configurable shortcut menu.
* Programmable: add your own custom features using an easy script language.
* Web enabled: can open links and HTML documents in browser.
* Supports third-party Web tools: HTML Tidy, TopStyle, and CSE HTML Validator.
* Powerful Clipbook tool makes it easy to memorize and insert any kind of text in your document. Includes libraries for HTML tags, acronyms, smilies, etc. Can also be used for "shorthand" glossaries or to launch other applications.
* Innovative In-Context Clipbook reduces mouse movement and speeds up work.
* Support for Perl and Gawk interpreters: scripts can be stored in NoteTab and applied directly to highlighted text or whole document.
RAM: 32MB; HD: 4MB
30 days trial