From Don HO
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
This project is mature. However, as you can see it it is a one-man-project, there are still some bugs and missing features. If you have any question or suggestion about this project, please post them on the forums. As well, if you have any feature requests, you can always make the demand, but there iss no guarantee that I will implement it.
You are encouraged to translate Notepad++ (if it is not present in the Download Section) and/or to translate the Notepad++ official site into your native language.
I hope you enjoy Notepad++ as much as I enjoy coding it.
Supported languages :
C; C++; Java; C#; XML; HTML; PHP; CSS; makefile ASCII art (.nfo); doxygen ini file;
RC resource file Pascal Perl Python Lua TeX
TCL Assembler Ruby Lisp Scheme Properties
Diff Smalltalk Postscript VHDL Ada Caml
AutoIt KiXtart Matlab Verilog Haskell InnoSetup
You can edit several documents at the same time.
1. Settings on cloud - Google Drive.
2. Fix Settings on cloud - OneDrive detection error.
3. Make internal docking dialogs apply the selected theme's background and foreground colours.
4. Fix the bug that "backslash is escape char for SQL" setting is not saved correctly.
5. Fix the bug that user cannot disable "backslash is SQL escape char" without restarting.
6. Fix DocMap's syntax highlighting doesn't update while current doc apply a new syntax highlighting.
7. Add 2 new plugins APIs: NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTBACKGROUNDCOLOR & NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTFOREGROUNDCOLOR
8. Add new notification NPPN_SNAPSHOTDIRTYFILELOADED to notify plugins that a snapshot dirty file is loaded on startup.