From Don HO
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
This project is mature. However, as you can see it it is a one-man-project, there are still some bugs and missing features. If you have any question or suggestion about this project, please post them on the forums. As well, if you have any feature requests, you can always make the demand, but there iss no guarantee that I will implement it.
You are encouraged to translate Notepad++ (if it is not present in the Download Section) and/or to translate the Notepad++ official site into your native language.
I hope you enjoy Notepad++ as much as I enjoy coding it.
Supported languages :
C; C++; Java; C#; XML; HTML; PHP; CSS; makefile ASCII art (.nfo); doxygen ini file;
RC resource file Pascal Perl Python Lua TeX
TCL Assembler Ruby Lisp Scheme Properties
Diff Smalltalk Postscript VHDL Ada Caml
AutoIt KiXtart Matlab Verilog Haskell InnoSetup
You can edit several documents at the same time.
1. Fix a regression bug: the notification message boxes were not modal. It can be ignored by user then cause wrong input characters.
2. In order to reduce the confusion, new "Mark" tab for "Mark all" feature is made in Find/Replace dialog.
3. Make "Fide what" and "Replace with" fields larger in Find/Replace dialog.
4. Make message dialogs in Notepad++ translatable (in progress).
5. Change user manual format from chm to html.
6. Make minimalist installation available in installer.