From Don HO
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
This project is mature. However, as you can see it it is a one-man-project, there are still some bugs and missing features. If you have any question or suggestion about this project, please post them on the forums. As well, if you have any feature requests, you can always make the demand, but there iss no guarantee that I will implement it.
You are encouraged to translate Notepad++ (if it is not present in the Download Section) and/or to translate the Notepad++ official site into your native language.
I hope you enjoy Notepad++ as much as I enjoy coding it.
Supported languages :
C; C++; Java; C#; XML; HTML; PHP; CSS; makefile ASCII art (.nfo); doxygen ini file;
RC resource file Pascal Perl Python Lua TeX
TCL Assembler Ruby Lisp Scheme Properties
Diff Smalltalk Postscript VHDL Ada Caml
AutoIt KiXtart Matlab Verilog Haskell InnoSetup
You can edit several documents at the same time.
1. Upgrade Scintilla to version 2.12.
2. Add "Inverse bookmark" feature.
3. Add NPPM_SAVECURRENTFILEAS message.
4. Fix premature deallocation bug for import UDL.
5. Add import/export User Defined Language features.
6. File detection : Switch to modified or deleted file while user is asked to reload or keep the file.
7. Fix closing several detected non-existing files bug.
8. Fix language switching to English not working bug.
9. Reduce PostIt/FullScreen restore button size.
10. Fix PostIt wrong restore button position after toggling off fullScreen mode.
11. Fix crashes on new 11 character long UDL names bug.
12. Fix "Save all" inconsistent icon state on toolbar.
13. Add new keywords of HTML 5 and css.