From KL Software
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
- For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It has been very well tested. The
# Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 1.3.1595.0
# Changed default video renderer in MPC-HC on Vista/7 to EVR Sync
# Changed default H.264 decoder from ffdshow (libavcodec) to DivX H.264
# This gives better decoding performance, certainly on computers with multiple CPU cores
# Updated Gabest MP4 splitter to version 1.3.1572.0
# Updated AC3ACM to version 1.5
# Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 4.2.0
# Updated Win7DSFilterTweaker to version 2.8
# Minor changes