From H.D.S. Hungary
Hard Disk Sentinel is a hard disk and solid state disk health and performance monitoring application. The main purpose is to prevent data loss caused by disk failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel allows pinpointing present or future hard disk problems like excessive temperature or performance degradations, which are signs of imminent hardware failure.
It will warn the user when disk health or performance parameters are deteriorating, which is a sign of imminent failure, thus providing the opportunity to take action, backup their important and valuable data, preventing serious damage or data loss.
We all have read or heard disaster stories related to the failure of hard disks. Now you can take preventive action.
Hard Disk Sentinel is unique in its support of a great number of both internal IDE/SATA/SCSI/SAS and external USB/Firewire/e-Sata hard disks and hard disk enclosures (see website support section).
Hard Disk Sentinel will warn you regarding possible temperature and hardware problems and prompt you to take necessary action or automatically performs backup or alert operations.
It has scheduled backup features to prevent data loss caused by not only disk failures but other kind of disasters (accidental delete or malware).
The Enterprise server
- Added support for newer NVidia chipsets and different previously unsupported controllers
- Added 300+ new hard disks to database
- Properly support Dutch language (thanks to Geert Pirens)
- Properly support Ukrainian language (thanks to Alexey Lugin)
- Improved speed and responsiveness of the software
- Detecting and displaying hard disk controller and location information
- Detecting and displaying new disk features (free-fall control, NV cache size, etc.)
- Detecting and displaying more version and transport details
- Menu and report changes, improvements
Hard disk (IDE/EIDE/Serial ATA/SCSI/SAS/USB)