From Peter Pawlowski
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
* Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
* Gapless playback.
* Full unicode support.
* Easily customizable user interface layout.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
* Full ReplayGain support.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
* New foobar2000 application icon.
* foobar2000's volume slider is now synchronized with Windows Mixer application volume slider on Windows Vista and newer.
* Progress of various operations is now displayed on Windows 7 taskbar.
* Fixed various freedb related bugs; freedb support works again.
* Fixed 1.1.1 regression with Media Library configuration reset when upgrading from versions older than 1.1.
* Fixed 1.1.1 regression with Media Library being stuck in initializing state if foobar2000's portable installation files are inside one of the watched folders.
* Improved startup time and memory usage with very large media libraries. [beta 4]