From Peter Pawlowski
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
* Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
* Gapless playback.
* Full unicode support.
* Easily customizable user interface layout.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
* Full ReplayGain support.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
* Improved first run experience
o With standard (non-portable) installs, foobar2000 Media Library defaults to indexing your music folders indexed by Windows itself.
* HTTPS support in networking services
o This is mainly relevant to component developers. You can now access HTTPS URLs through filesystem and http_client services.
* Fixed a rare crash when closing the Preferences dialog in specific conditions.
* Improved compatibility with broken MP4 files.