From Peter Pawlowski
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
* Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
* Gapless playback.
* Full unicode support.
* Easily customizable user interface layout.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
* Full ReplayGain support.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
* New context menu structure - better out-of-the-box layout but less customizable.
* Built-in support for Windows Media and RTSP streaming.
* Edit menu operates on the currently selected object rather than always on the active playlist.
* Improved compatibility with multimedia keyboards.
* Improved, more customizable album art support.
* Portable installs now remember Media Library paths relatively to the install folder.
* Reworked Preferences: OK/Cancel/Apply buttons, new layout of standard pages.
* New options regarding selection viewer behavior.
* Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.
* CD ripping improvements