From Peter Pawlowski
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
* Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
* Gapless playback.
* Full unicode support.
* Easily customizable user interface layout.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
* Full ReplayGain support.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Worked-around a bug in Windows XP causing incorrect rendering of the Properties dialog in 1.0.2.
Configuration of individual components is now stored in separate files. Reading of old configuration files is still supported so your settings will be preserved while upgrading from older versions; however you will not be able to downgrade back to older 0.9.x releases without losing your settings.