The most popular web development tool for Firefox
* Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
* Accurately analyze network usage and performance
* Extend Firebug and add features to make Firebug even more powerful
* Get the information you need to get it done with Firebug.
# Just the way you like it
Firebug is always just a keystroke away, but it never gets in your way. You can open Firebug in a separate window, or as a bar at the bottom of your browser. Firebug also gives you fine-grained control over which websites you want to enable it for.
# Inspect and edit HTML
Firebug makes it simple to find HTML elements buried deep in the page. Once you've found what you're looking for, Firebug gives you a wealth of information, and lets you edit the HTML live.
# Tweak CSS to perfection
Firebug's CSS tabs tell you everything you need to know about the styles in your web pages, and if you don't like what it's telling you, you can make changes and see them take effect instantly.
# Visualize CSS metrics
When your CSS boxes aren't lining up correctly it can be difficult to understand why. Let Firebug be your
- Firebug UI docking
- Copy JSON responses to the clipboard
- Syntax error position displayed
- New column in the Net panel: Protocol
- Quickly Remove Elements from the page
- Function objects: displayName property
- Every Console log has its origin info
- Resend HTTP request
- Tooltip for conditional breakpoints
- Add Watch from the DOM panel
- Response Headers from the browser cache
- Font Viewer
- Font Tooltip
- Tooltip tip for array items