The most popular web development tool for Firefox
* Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
* Accurately analyze network usage and performance
* Extend Firebug and add features to make Firebug even more powerful
* Get the information you need to get it done with Firebug.
# Just the way you like it
Firebug is always just a keystroke away, but it never gets in your way. You can open Firebug in a separate window, or as a bar at the bottom of your browser. Firebug also gives you fine-grained control over which websites you want to enable it for.
# Inspect and edit HTML
Firebug makes it simple to find HTML elements buried deep in the page. Once you've found what you're looking for, Firebug gives you a wealth of information, and lets you edit the HTML live.
# Tweak CSS to perfection
Firebug's CSS tabs tell you everything you need to know about the styles in your web pages, and if you don't like what it's telling you, you can make changes and see them take effect instantly.
# Visualize CSS metrics
When your CSS boxes aren't lining up correctly it can be difficult to understand why. Let Firebug be your
- Edit mode of CSS tab does not keep synch in one direction CSS 1.4 1.5 fixed1.7a11
- Enable sorting Computed Styles display alphabetically CSS ui fixed1.7a11
- Box model shading not updated when scrolling page inspect fixed1.7a10 fixed1.7a11
- FF 4.0b duplicate title bars and messed up UI with 1.7a10 on WinXP ui 1.7 bugzilla blocks1.7 FF4.0 fixed1.7a11
- console overlapping autocomplete hint commandline 1.6 fixed1.7a11
- clear All Annotations does not persist 1.7 ui fixed1.7a11
- Color of highlight of inspect has changed from Firebug 1.7a9 inspect 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- iframe inspection fails 1.7a10 inspect blocks1.7 fixed1.7a11
- console.table too smart console 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- Unhighlighting of multiple frame highlights is not working correctly inspect fixed1.7a11
- Add ability to hide "Open with Editor" option from page content context menu 1.7 ui fixed1.7a11
- Firebug is not saving activated sites, annotations is always "" debugger activation fixed1.7a11
- Increasing text size exceeding the maximum lets the texts disappear 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- Patch for /branches/firebug1.7/content/firebug/external/editorsOverlay.xul contribution editors 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- FBTrace in an error message somehow net 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- Errors inside an XmlHttpRequest.onReadyStateChange still fail silently net 1.7 fixed1.7a11
- Patch for /branches/firebug1.7/content/firebug/start-button/startButtonOverlay.js fixed1.7a11