Find and Run Robot (FARR) is a program for keyboard maniacs -- it uses an adaptive "live search" function to rapidly find programs and documents on your computer as you type.
Press your chosen hotkey to display the FARR window, then just start typing the first letters of the application you want to launch and the results appear instantly. Hit enter to launch the top result, or refine your search with special modifiers and commands.
FARR also lets you quickly run web searches, send email, manipulate files, control on-screen windows, and much more. Build and share custom commands or install plugins to add tons of new features, like live search features for your clipboard history and your internet bookmarks; a popup a calculator with history tape and persistant variables; and many more...
* Ready to run, right out-of-the-box with no configuration needed.
* The most customizable application of its kind, for those who love to tweak settings.
* Caches programs you launch for instantaneous repeat searches and adaptive scoring.
* Comes with dozens of built-in special alias commands that allow you to perform tons of different web searches and other operations.
* Create and share (xml) alias packs with your friends or download