File and Folder Watcher continuously monitors one or more folders for new files. When new files arrive, File and Folder Watcher then triggers a custom action, such as running a second program with the new files.
This can be used to:
* Process incoming FTP files
* Automatically distil PDF files
* Data mine incoming files with TextPipe Pro, also from DataMystic
* Process email attachments when they are saved to disk
* Load new files into a database
* Quickly and easily trigger business processes when files are created
* and much more.
Files are only processed when they have finished being written to disk - so huge video files (100MB - 10GB or more) will not be processed prematurely.
Files that already exist when File Watcher starts can be processed- this is very handy to pickup files that might have arrived while FileWatcher was not active due to a system restart.
Incoming files can be processed individually, or grouped together.
File Watcher can process only those files that match a filespec (e.g. '*.txt;*.html') and ignore all other files that might arrive at the same time. It can also watch multiple folders at the same time (subfolders are handled with a checkbox).
File Watcher can also prevent triggering new actions
Windows 95 or later, 4 MB disk space.