It is designed to show scrolling headlines from your favorite news sites, blogs and Twitter account, directly on your desktop.
Shows news title, summary, age and source.
May be "pinned" to the desktop (always visible) or automatically hide when the computer is in use.
May be set to automatically hide when in full screen applications (games, movies etc.)
May snap to top or bottom of your desktop.
Customizable keyboard shortcuts to pause the scrolling, pin the ticker, visit the news item and more.
Can import and export feeds from other feed readers (using OPML).
Supports RSS, Atom and Twitter feed format.
FeedRoller comes pre-configured with several news feeds.
When you run it for the first time, it will download these RSS feeds and start showing them on your desktop.
* Right click on FeedRoller's system tray icon to access common actions.
* To Pause the ticker, press the Pause key on your keyboard.
* To Pin/Unpin the ticker, press the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard.
* To Visit the displayed item's page, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard.
* To manage your feeds, press F12. Checked feeds are active.