From Gammadyne Corporation
Connection Keeper is an invaluable time-saving tool for dial-up users. This free program simulates Internet browsing (at a random interval) to prevent the connection from appearing idle, thus preventing your ISP from dropping the connection due to inactivity. Connection Keeper can also automatically close many types of popup windows, such as those asking if you wish to stay connected. And if the connection is lost, Connection Keeper can automatically dial back in, restoring the connection as fast as possible. Save your time and sanity - try Connection Keeper today.
* Works with all versions of Windows® 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7.
* Can be set to automatically redial if the connection is lost.
* Can automatically close popup windows that ask the user if they want to stay online. Several methods are available: simulated button click, simulated keystrokes, or by sending a window message.
* Can be minimized to the system tray so that it does not take up space on the taskbar.
* Can run when not connected to the Internet. It waits patiently until a connection is made.
* Uses very little computer resources.
* The simulated activity takes up almost no bandwidth.
* The interval at which Connection Keeper
- Major interface improvements, too many to list. Added support for Aero Glass (Vista/2008/7). Improved appearance, layout, margins, skins.
- The tabs have been replaced with a row of buttons.
- Added a high resolution shell icon for Vista/2008/7.
- Added the /qa command line switch, which causes the "Query All" tool to run immediately.
- Added the "View Error Log" option to the File menu.
- Added a hotkey for the "Query All" tool: F7.
- The Method column now defaults to "WM_CLOSE".
- Care is now taken to not issue queries while the user is editing the Sites List.
- When the Query Now button is clicked, a query will be issued even if the operating system is reporting that there is no Internet connection.
- Fixed: the "Auto-Minimize On Startup" option was always minimizing Connection Keeper to the tray, contrary to the documentation. It will now only minimize to the tray if the "Minimize to Tray" box (on the Window menu) is checked, as documented. Also, it will now minimize silently, and without briefly appearing on the screen.
- Fixed: the /wmclose and /wmquit command line switches were not working properly.