ConnectedText is a powerful but simple information management system, based on wiki principles. Indeed, it is a personal wiki system. But this only begins to describe it. ConnectedText is also much more than that. It is:
* a free-form note-taking and note-management application that allows you to keep an unlimited number of notes in one file (or many files), instantly accessible by sophisticated full-text searches that can span all open files; and navigating between topics is a breeze: it's like a notebook with an unlimited number of pages (which can be linked to one another easily)
* a freetext database (i.e. no "fields") with hyper-linking ability, providing you with a fast and easy way to store and structure or organize all your notes; with ConnectedText you can master the tremendous quantity of information available and necessary to do well in today's world
* a thinking tool or workpad for your ideas and thoughts, allowing you to structure and organize them by means of categories, and in many other ways; it can be as simple or sophisticated as you want it to be
* a more than just rudimentary outliner: with it's outlining view working like a one-pane outliner, though it can also be made to work two-pane outliner, as topics from the file can
* New LilyPond Plugin.
* New relevance scoring for full text search results.
* Improved overall speed.
* Improved support for Windows Vista and 7. Buttons could sometimes become invisible.
* Improved Navigator. Increased drawing speed and made some tweaks in the algorithm for graph displacement.
* Improved how Buttons are generated to avoid unnecessary HTML tags.
* Improved completion proposal for Macros. Date modifiers can now be selected.
* Improved macro processing. If the macro can not determine a result nothing is displayed now.
* Improved Goto dialog. The list of matches now accepts incremental search.
* Improved Table of Contents. Clicking in an item automatically expands it if necessary.
* Improved the handling of images during drag and drop to better support Firefox.
* Added new button: RELOAD_TOPIC.
* Headers can now be used as anchor in links.
* Made some small improvements in HTML import function.
* Made an optimization in the highlight algorithm for search results.
* Plugins are more well behaved under Windows Vista and 7.
* Added code to prevent spurious message from not being able to open the Clipboard.
* Fixed a spurious bug that could lead to program hang when adding long topics.
* Fixed bug in project creation. Images and Files folders were not created automatically when a non-standard folder was chosen.
* Fixed bug in Goto dialog. An AV could occur if the result list was empty and enter was pressed.
* Fixed bug in Export function. Destination folder was not created if selected single Text file.
* Fixed several minor memory leaks.