ConnectedText is a powerful but simple information management system, based on wiki principles. Indeed, it is a personal wiki system. But this only begins to describe it. ConnectedText is also much more than that. It is:
* a free-form note-taking and note-management application that allows you to keep an unlimited number of notes in one file (or many files), instantly accessible by sophisticated full-text searches that can span all open files; and navigating between topics is a breeze: it's like a notebook with an unlimited number of pages (which can be linked to one another easily)
* a freetext database (i.e. no "fields") with hyper-linking ability, providing you with a fast and easy way to store and structure or organize all your notes; with ConnectedText you can master the tremendous quantity of information available and necessary to do well in today's world
* a thinking tool or workpad for your ideas and thoughts, allowing you to structure and organize them by means of categories, and in many other ways; it can be as simple or sophisticated as you want it to be
* a more than just rudimentary outliner: with it's outlining view working like a one-pane outliner, though it can also be made to work two-pane outliner, as topics from the file can
* Added functions Global Find/Replace.
* Added buttons for previous/next match in the Incremental Search bar.
* Added icon selection in Insert Template.
* Added wildcard support in Full Text query predicates $CATEGORY, $LINKTO and $LINKFROM.
* Added new macro $PERSONALFOLDER. Returns the path of ConnectedText's personal folder.
* Date and Time macros now accept format modifiers.
* Made several small enhancements in the compare tool. Faster.
* Improved handling of markup commands. A sequence of underlines (_______) was not handled correctly.
* Improved handling of folder references in Export.
* Improved handling of URLs containing ~.
* Improved GraphViz installation detection.
* Minor tweaks in Search/Replace functions.
* Fixed bug in include command. If a header was used and its title had more than 44 characters an error would occur when the mouse hovered over the edit link.
* Fixed bug in URL parsing. An URL would be converted to lower case if it was not enclosed in an $URL command.
* Fixed bug in $ASK command. If a included topic contained an $ASK command the result links would not be created using the source project.
* Fixed bug in include command. A fully qualified link (inter-project) did not work if it referenced its own project.
* Fixed bug in Replace command. Replace all was not working when backward direction was selected.
* Fixed bug in Replace command. Under very specific conditions the program could hang.
* Fixed bug in Export. Files would not be moved to the correct folder while exporting to Text or XML.
* Fixed bug in Spell Check. Under very specific conditions the program could hang.
* Fixed bug in Import function. While importing XML files, topic titles with non-ascii characters were not handled correctly.
* Fixed bug in Incremental Search. Edit box was not accepting Paste using its shortcut.