From Cinta Software
A free, lightweight and user-friendly personal notes manager
CintaNotes is your essential assistant in the daily task of organizing information, such as your own thoughts and ideas, article excerpts, blog postings, quotes from famous people, research data, curious facts, Wikipedia entries, you name it.
Can clip text from anywhere.
Just select it and press the hotkey!
It lets you quickly jot down and tag any useful text that you come across. Unlike browser-based tools like Google Notebook, CintaNotes does not require a web browser to work: the text-clipping "magic" works in any application that can copy text to clipboard!
Fast as-you-type searching
Retrieving information is also trivial: just open CintaNotes and start typing! Only notes containing the typed phrase remain in the list. More sophisticated search criteria are supported, like searching by title or by URL the note was taken from.
No sticky notes clutter
CintaNotes saves your screen real estate and does not clutter it with "sticky notes". All notes are neatly organized in an easily navigable list.
Run it from your flash drive
CintaNotes is a totally self-contained application, meaning that you can put it on a flash drive and run it directly from there. In this way, your notes will always be with you.
* Support for multiple languages in UIFeature
Now CN supports languages other than English! German and Russian translations are bundled with this release. You can switch language with the "Options/Language" menu. (If you'd like to have CintaNotes in your language, please edit the "CintaNotes\lang\en.lang" file and send it to email@example.com).
* Scroll long notes via holding a spacebar to "pin" themFeature
Reading long notes in notes list using just the left and right arrow keys was not convenient. Now the note can be "pinned" using spacebar (or left mouse click), and the text can be scrolled with all usual navigation keys or mouse wheel.
* Configurable clipping options regarding note title.Feature
Now whether the title of a clipped note is the window title, first line of text, or blank is controlled with the "Options/Clipping/Use as Title" menu.
* "Show similarly tagged" command on Ctrl+BkSpFeature
This command changes the tag selection on the tag sidebar to match the tags of currently focused note.
* The editor now opens the note scrolled to the same place in text where the note preview was.Enhancement
Also if a search was active, the search term is highlighted.
* Ability to jump to next/previous page in note preview on Ctrl + Left/Right arrow.Enhancement
* "Activated already running CN instance" message box is now optional.Enhancement
CintaNotes now supports the "-noactivationmsg" command line parameter which suppresses the message box which appears when you start CN with it already running.
* Swapped F7 and F3 keyboard shortcuts. Enhancement
F7 now opens the note's link, and F3 now means "find next", which is a common convention.
* Emails were highlighted incorrectly in the editorFix
* Tray icon disappeared after Exporer crash on Win7 x64Fix
* Ctrl+A was not working in note edit dialog Title, Tags and Link fields on WinXPFix
* Scrollbar was not visible in tag autocomplete dropdown listFix
* Large texts (>64Kb) could not be editedFix
* SQLite Error 14: unable to open database file on Win7 x64Fix
* XML import: CintaNotes could hang while importing XML with extra spaces Fix