From Salfeld Computer
Computers are the place for children. This is the place where they can sharpen their agility as well as their abilities. They can learn and make new friends. Whats more, the Internet provides information for homework assignments. So far, so good. But they also need to be protected from the computer-for one thing, so that they dont lose their sense of time and forget to go out and play with their friends once in a while, and for another, because of the dangers lurking on the Web. That's why responsible parents everywhere install Child Control on every computer that their children use.
# Give children an "allowance" of time
Child Control keeps track of the time your kids spend in front of the computer. Once their time is up, the computer automatically shuts down and wont start up again-something any kid can understand. Our experience has shown that Child Control verdict is accepted without arguments-there is no debate and no discussion. Another way of looking at it: Child Control gives your kids back time that they are then free to spend in other ways.
# Safety on the Internet
It isnt always easy to watch your young ones every move on the computer-and it's even harder to follow what they are doing on the Internet. Child Control can also help you here, by automatically
- New! Internet Remote Control: Starting with Child Control 2009 you can modify the most important settings or view session logs directly on the Internet. No matter where you are. No matter which browser you are using. This feature is part of the Online Functions.
- Protect against MP3 downloads and file sharing
- There are increasing reports of legal actions taken to fight downloading of MP3's. The latest version lets you block today's latest file sharing programs with a single click.
- Block approximately one million objectionable websites
- We group about one million undesirable sites into nine categories, and make the updated list available each day.
- More control over programs
- Decide whether a program should be allowed, blocked, or restricted by time. Use either the name of the .exe file or the application to designate these. You can now also restrict the use of certain programs at specific times—for example, no chat programs after 8:30 p.m.
min. Pentium III or AMD, 64 MB RAM or greater, 15 MB free Harddisk, VGA, Mice