Please complete all the steps in the list below (don't leave anything out):
1. Read "A note about Freeware"
2. Acquire the Arachnophilia executable.
* For Windows users more comfortable with automatic installation programs, download the Windows executable installation program Arachnophilia.exe containing the Arachnophilia executable Java JAR file.
* For all others, download the executable Java JAR file Arachnophilia.jar .
3. Acquire the required Java release 1.5 or newer runtime engine.
NOTE: If you experience problems using the current Java runtime, install the 1.5 Java runtime and see if this solves the problems. Arachnophilia will work with either.
* Download the required Java runtime engine.
Windows users may not want to select this runtime engine to handle applets in MSIE (this choice is offered during installation). Sometimes this reduces Java applet performance on smaller, older machines.
4. Install Arachnophilia
* Those who downloaded the Windows install program:
Run the install executable you downloaded (Arachnophilia.exe), follow the instructions, be sure you have also installed the Java runtime before running Arachnophilia.
* Those who downloaded the JAR file version:
Put the JAR file you downloaded
Updated documentation to reflect the many recent changes, added more file suffixes to the default configuration.