From Shengalts A.A.
AkelPad - is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.
* Single window mode (SDI), multi window mode (MDI);
* Editing of files, which size is more than 64K (generally speaking, size isn't theoretically limited);
* Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003);
* Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-16 little endian, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-8);
* Support of any codepage installed in the system;
* Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
* Preview file open;
* Correct pseudographics displaying;
* Column text selection;
* Multi-level undo;
* Fast search/replace text strings;
* Remember file codepage and caret position;
* Printing of a document and print preview;
* Support of language modules;
* Plugins support (syntax highlighting, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
# Changed: speed of work with code folding is increased.
# Changed: improved work with Input Method Editors (IME).
# Changed: default font is now "Courier New" with size 10.
# Changed: tabs drawing with using visual styles on windows and buttons in Windows XP (MDI/PMDI).
# Changed: now by default uses system color for hyperlinks.
# Changed: now uses system cursor for hyperlinks, if possible.
# Fixed: replacement with multi-line text.
# Fixed: no message if error appears during opening/saving files.
# Fixed: URL in comment fold didn't highlighted.
# Fixed: selection after split window off (MDI).
# Fixed: double/triple mouse click in split windows.
# Fixed: scrolling to founded text.
# Fixed: variable "%dm" for "StatusUserFormat".
# Fixed: left button click in Windows 95.