HostMonitor is a highly scalable network monitoring software suitable for small and enterprise-level networks
Probably you will say "There are dozens of programs like this"? That is right! But please check what HostMonitor offers and compare its power and flexibility to surprisingly low price:
* using 62 test methods our software can check almost any parameter of your servers;
* highly flexible action profiles allow you to start actions in predefined order depending on the test results;
* HostMonitor creates various log files using different detail levels and file formats (Text, HTML, DBF and ODBC);
* built-in Report Manager allows you to create and customize reports to your liking in a variety of ways;
* using Remote Monitoring Agents for Windows, FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris you may easily monitor remote networks;
* Web Service, Telnet Service and Remote Control Console simplifies remote management;
62 test methods!
HostMonitor can check any TCP service, ping a host, check a route, monitor Web, FTP, Mail, DNS servers. It can check the available disk space, monitor size of a file or folder, check integrity of your files and web site; it tests your SQL servers, monitors network traffic and much, much more. See complete test list.
But what is of no less importance is how you can manage monitoring tasks ("test items" in our terminology). Test items can be organized into different groups (folders), each folder has its own settings such as color palette, list of reports, different statistic information, etc.
Tests can be performed on regular intervals (e.g. every 5 min) or on schedule (e.g. every Friday between 6pm and 9pm); tests can be performed directly by HostMonitor or they can be performed by Remote Monitoring Agents installed on remote network. Some tests may depend on another, e.g. you may easily configure HostMonitor to check 10 web servers when your primary router is up, and check another (backup) server when your primary router is down.
30 alert methods
HostMonitor is a network administration software, it provides different ways to respond on failed services. Audio and visual notifications alert people near the machine. E-mail and pager notifications inform a wider range of remote operators. HostMonitor can take actions that are designed to recover from a failure automatically without human intervention (e.g. "restart service", "reboot computer" or "dial-up to the network" actions). See complete actions list.
Highly flexible Action Profiles allow you to start actions in predefined order depending on the test results:
- E.g. you may start some action only when both primary and backup mail servers do not respond.
- Or an action profile can be set up to page both the IT manager and the network administrator during regular office hours, and to page the administrator alone the rest of the time, while
* HostMonitor, RCC: new menu item "Test | Remove items with links" allows you to remove selected set of test items including links to these selected items, even when some of links are not selected. E.g. if you select just 1 link of each test, this function will remove selected items and all items linked to them.
This is different from "Remove" function: if you select some items and click "Remove" button, HostMonitor will remove only selected items. E.g. if you select 2 of 3 links to the same test item and click Remove button, HostMonitor will remove 2 selected links but keep 3rd one (the one that was not selected).
* HostMonitor, RMA for Windows: minor URL test improvements related to basic authentication and POST requests
* Active RMA: minor changes in connection procedure, it should connect to HostMonitor more reliable after agent restart
* MIB Browser: improved MIB compiler
* WMI Explorer: in addition to properties and instances it may show list of methods for each class
* WMI Explorer: allows to copy into clipboard all or selected instances, properties and method descriptions
The following issues were resolved
* HostMonitor, RCC: SLA reports could display incomplete charts when "last month" mode is selected. Fixed
* HostMonitor: "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" header was always included for POST requests made by HTTP test, even if another "Content-Type" was specified as well. Fixed
* HostMonitor: "Send SMS (GSM)" action did not work with some Falcon Samba 75 GSM modems. Fixed
* HostMonitor: fixed issue related to recursive definitions of folder and test related variables
* Windows 2000 SP4, XP Professional SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2/R2 or Windows 7
Recommended: Windows 2003 SP2
* Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
* Microsoft TCP/IP protocol
* Free disk space: from 15 Mb (if you install HostMonitor only) to 31 Mb (for all components)