From Adobe Systems Inc.
Adobe Reader offers:
Maximize your screen real estate. Reader has a completely redesigned interface, new tools, and a host of new options for viewing information more efficiently.
Access to an online, real-time meeting in seconds.
Reader is now integrated with Adobe Connect software, which enables users to instantly communicate and accelerate approvals with virtually anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Protection of your workflows and transactions.
Add more security to your documents, forms, and drawings with digital signatures. Leverage Adobe LiveCycle Policy Server and the new Adobe Online Services Document Center with Reader to enforce access rights at the document level.
Adobe PDF is the global standard for trusted distribution and viewing of information. Adobe Reader is the only free software to allow you to more securely collaborate using PDF documents. Create your own PDF files. Use Reader with Adobe Acrobat software or the Create Adobe PDF Online web-hosted service to confidently create professional-looking PDF documents that can be shared with friends, family, colleagues, partners, customers, and suppliers. Use Reader to help control confidential information, share files, control deployments, and simplify integration and hosting.
- Use the Optimize for Web and Mobile guided Action to enhance PDF reading experiences for connected people on the go
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft PowerPoint files and update text, tables, objects, and master layouts with ease
- Edit PDF documents intuitively. Easily modify text or images, or reflow paragraphs on a page with a simple click and drag
- Find and replace text throughout your PDF file in just one step
- Create new PDF or web forms in minutes with the included FormsCentral desktop app
- View real-time results, displayed in easy-to-understand tables and charts, in the FormsCentral desktop app§
- Get PDF documents signed by others. Use the Adobe EchoSign service to request signatures and track status online
- Add edit and copy restrictions to your PDFs quickly when working in Acrobat or popular Microsoft Office applications
- Create and send interactive PDF files from popular Microsoft Office applications or web browsers using the Acrobat task ribbon
- Standardize routine, multistep PDF creation tasks using automated or guided Actions, working with a single file or batches of files
- Convert PDF files to fully editable Microsoft Word or Excel files, or copy and paste selected parts
- Turn PDF files into single or multiple HTML web pages, complete with editable style elements for quick reformatting
- Organize multiple documents in one PDF file, including spreadsheets, emails, scanned documents, websites, and photos
- Combine a wide range of content types into a polished PDF Portfolio.
- Sign a PDF file by typing or drawing your name, inserting an image of your signature, or adding a certificate signature
- Standardize routine, multistep tasks with guided or automated Actions
- Create and validate conformance with ISO 32000 PDF standards and convert existing PDFs to ISO-compliant formats
- Enhance PDFs for accessibility. Check, verify, and adjust documents that need to meet WCAG 2.0 and PDF/UA standards
- Help safeguard systems and data with robust application security, including sandboxing technology
- Customize application features and settings with free tools such as the Customization Wizard and the Enterprise Toolkit
- Easily deploy your software and update computers with support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop
- Deliver Acrobat and Reader as centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual applications with support for Citrix XenApp