From Adobe Systems Inc.
Adobe Reader offers:
Maximize your screen real estate. Reader has a completely redesigned interface, new tools, and a host of new options for viewing information more efficiently.
Access to an online, real-time meeting in seconds.
Reader is now integrated with Adobe Connect software, which enables users to instantly communicate and accelerate approvals with virtually anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Protection of your workflows and transactions.
Add more security to your documents, forms, and drawings with digital signatures. Leverage Adobe LiveCycle Policy Server and the new Adobe Online Services Document Center with Reader to enforce access rights at the document level.
Adobe PDF is the global standard for trusted distribution and viewing of information. Adobe Reader is the only free software to allow you to more securely collaborate using PDF documents. Create your own PDF files. Use Reader with Adobe Acrobat software or the Create Adobe PDF Online web-hosted service to confidently create professional-looking PDF documents that can be shared with friends, family, colleagues, partners, customers, and suppliers. Use Reader to help control confidential information, share files, control deployments, and simplify integration and hosting.
New in Adobe Reader 10.1.2
- This release provides mitigations for vulnerabilities. Products with Protected Mode or Protected view enabled are not subject to these vulnerabilities.
Export from PDF:
- When a user chooses to convert a PDF to Word or Excel, a dialog offers the user the option to subscribe to the conversion service.
- The Export from PDF service now automatically recognizes text even if the original document was a scanned image
- The print dialog has been improved. The new layout makes it easier to change the page orientation, print on both sides of the paper, print multiple pages on a single sheet, print over multiple sheets, and other tasks
Added support for:
- Firefox 8.0 on Window
- Web Capture on Firefox 7.0 and later (3.6 is still supported).
- Dropped support for Firefox 4.0/5.0 on Window
- On printing a PDF file to a PCL printer via Acrobat or Reader, the italic output in the printout is not correct.
- Mouseover events in interactive PDF form fields do not work properly (Applicable only to Acrobat/Reader
- 3D PDFs may crash when viewed in VMWare.
- Policy protected file keeps incrementing *.DAT file in ...\Acrobat\10.0\Security and results in Reader X
- crashing when closing the file.
- When converting a webpage having a scrollable inline frame only the visible content is converted and
- content seen on scrolling down is dropped.
- Plug-in takes long time to load in the browser when rendering dynamic form on Windows XP.
- Form submission performance is slow with ZCI on Reader 10.1.
- Product view generated in Catia hides some elements when converted to prw/pdf.
- Repeatedly opening and closing PDFs in one browser session may cause a freeze or crash.
- Custom-encoded font glyphs truncated in Acrobat 10 on Windows.
- Form goes into unresponsive state when signing form.