AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks.
AbiWord allows you to collaborate with multiple people on one document at the same time. It is tightly integrated with the AbiCollab.net web service, which lets you store documents online, allows easy document sharing with your friends, and performs format conversions on the fly.
What Makes AbiWord Different?
AbiWord is unique among word processors in its drive to become a fully cross-platform word processor. Our source code is carefully written so that AbiWord will run on virtually any operating system with a minimum of time spent on porting. This combined with our support for internationalization (the ability to run AbiWord in many languages) gives AbiWord a massive potential user-base.
* Fix German smart-quotes (Patrik Fimml)
* Bug 12552: fp_TextRun::itemize() leaks memory (Obin Hickory)
* Bug 12508: Prevent some crashes in recent-files code (Paul Bolle)
* Bug 12346: Pressing TAB removes text in the Windows version (Martin Sevior)
* Support non-TLS connections for the abicollab service backend (Marc Maurer)
* Bump the copyright date to 2010 (sum1)
* Bug 12551: Fix a memory leak in the menu code (Patrik Fimml)
* Fix a potential crash in the Windows menu code (Marc Maurer)
* Bug 10377: Fix GTK+ landscape printing (again) (Patrik Fimml)
* Bug 12501: Fix GTK+ build to work without PATH_MAX (e.g. Hurd) (Patrik Fimml, sum1)
* Fix paths to the offline documentation (Patrik Fimml)
* Add an abiword(1) manpage and install it (Patrik Fimml)
* Restore/fix the AbiWidget focus grabbing behaviour (Daniel Drake)
* Prevent selection events to be emitted by the AbiWidget during smart quote operation (Martin Sevior)
* Fix a bug whereby AbiWord crashes when the user tries to load the font chooser dialog box while having text with multiple fonts/font styles selected (Ersin Akinci).
* Bug 12488: Set the office:version to 1.1 (Marc Maurer)
* Bug 12489: svg:title and svg:desc are exported in wrong order (Marc Maurer)
* Bug 11883: Section/paragraph numbers not imported. This fixes bugs when dealing with complex numbered lists. (Martin Sevior)
* Fix two crashes that occurred when importing the file from bug 12502 (sum1)