From The Scilab Consortium
Scilab is free and open source software for numerical computation providing a powerful environment for engineering and scientific applications.
Scilab includes hundreds of mathematical functions. It has a high level programming language allowing access to advanced data structures, 2-D and 3-D graphical functions. A large number of functionalities is included in Scilab: control, simulation, optimization, signal processing... Xcos, the hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator is provided with the platform.
Scilab is free software distributed under CeCILL license (GPL compatible). It comes with source code, help and English user manuals.
* Maths & Simulation
* 2-D & 3-D Visualization
* Control System Design & Analysis
* Signal Processing
* Application Development
Xcos: hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator
Xcos is a graphical editor to design hybrid dynamical systems models. Models can be designed, loaded, saved, compiled and simulated.
* Standard Palettes and Blocks
* Model Building and Edition
* Models Customization
Scilab 5.5.1 is a minor release to solve in particular three serious issues:
- Scilab could not be used on Linux platforms using old GLIBC versions (CentOS, RedHat, etc.),
- ATOMS modules update failed in some configurations,
- The Japanese and Russian help pages were not available on Linux versions.
Mac OS X