YoWindow is a new weather application.
It displays a landscape that changes over time, reflecting the weather.
You will see the actual cloud cover, rain, snow, fog, even thunderstorms.
You watch the weather in YoWindow like out your window.
But YoWindow is a little better. You have an option to scroll the time smoothly into the future to watch the weather forecast.
YoWindow displays weather conditions over a nice and peaceful landscape.
So you can watch the weather looking at the landscape.
Naturally - just like looking out of your window.
That makes YoWindow special.
You see the picture instead of bare weather data.
In your window you can watch current weather only.
YoWindow is able to display the weather forecast.
You can point at any time you wish and enjoy the weather picture.
You can even scroll the time.
At the moment, there are no weather application of this kind.
YoWindow is a next generation interface for weather application
* Beautiful picture - quality graphics and animation.
* The weather picture is easy to get and easy to remember, opposed to weather reports.
* Watch the weather at any moment you wish.
* The picture is built on top of the real data - weather, sun-light, season, astronomical calculations.
* Every weather phenomenon is supported:
o various clouds
o wind (reflected in the clouds, grass, rain drops, etc)
* Every weather parameter you need is available for display: temperature, wind speed and direction, pressure, humidity, etc.
* You can choose virtually any place on earth to watch (21,000 locations)
We are trying to make YoWindow close to reality. The location of the sun, moon, moon phase, sunrise and sunset times correspond to the actual values for the place you choose.
The look of the landscape changes considerably depending on the season. YoWindow selects the most appropriate season for the given date at the place you choose (we use weather history). Scroll through the year using the calendar - and you will see how seasons change.
The weather is updated automatically, fast and only on necessity.
You can use YoWindow as a reliable world-clock. Whatever location you choose, the local time displayed by YoWindow is correct. Daylight saving time is computed flawlessly.
Occasionally, you may notice interesting objects in the skies like a plane or a shooting star.