XMLBlueprint XML Editor is a value-priced and powerful XML editor for the Windows platform. The occasional user will enjoy its speed and ease-of-use. Power users will appreciate its high-quality XML support, such as context-sensitive XML completion and validation of schemas and XML documents against any schema. All major schema types are supported (DTD, Relax NG Schema, Schematron, XML Schema).
Users can easily create, edit and run XSLT Stylesheets and preview the transformation result.
Users can configure XMLBlueprint XML Editor to work with any 3rd party XML validator or XSLT processor. Users can add and run additional tools to further enhance XMLBlueprint's functionality.
Using the XPath Evaluator, users can visually analyze, test, and debug XPath expressions.
A real-time outline displaying the elements in the XML document provides quick access to the various parts of the document.
Users can collaboratively edit and manage files on remote Web servers via FTP, HTTP, HTTPS (secure HTTP) and WebDAV. The built-in directory tree helps the user to quickly locate and open files. MacOS, UNIX and Windows file formats are automatically recognized.
XMLBlueprint XML Editor fully supports the Unicode UTF-8 and UTF-16 standards. This allows the user to edit files for the Asian and Eastern European regions.
XML Tools -- XMLBlueprint includes an XML Editor, a DTD Editor, a Relax NG Editor, a Schematron Editor, an XML Schema Editor, and an XSLT Editor.
# Context Sensitve XML Completion ('Code Completion') -- If you have associated your document with a DTD, Relax NG Schema, or XML Schema, XMLBlueprint will suggest a list of permissible components based on your current location in the document. These are visible in a context-sensitive dropdown menu that opens as soon as you start typing. You can select the required element from the dropdown menu. The closing bracket is automatically set, as well as any required attributes or child elements. You can adjust these setting in the XML Completion Preferences dialog.
# XML Folding -- To simplify working with large XML documents.
# Validation -- At any time during the editing process, you can click the validate icon or hit F8 to validate your document. XMLBlueprint reports an error in the output window below the editor. Clicking the red error message jumps to the error, even if the error is in another file. You can validate against a DTD, Relax NG Schema, or XML Schema.
# XSLT Transformation -- When you are editing an XSLT Stylesheet, you can easily run the transformation by hitting F9. Fill in the associated XML Document, choose your settings and click OK. You can choose to show the output in the Output Window, open the output in XMLBlueprint or save the output to a file.
# XPath Evaluation -- In the explorer you find a Tab for evaluating XPath expressions. XMLBlueprint provides an easy way to deal with the default namespace.
# Intelligent XML Formatting -- To make it easier to scan your XML File the Format button reformats your document by indenting element tags. Choose your own indenting in the Indentation Preferences dialog.
# Unicode & IME (Input Method Editor) -- With XMLBlueprint you can edit documents in almost any (left-to-right) language, including non-Western languages such as Russian, Japanese, and Chinese.
# FTP and WebDav -- Edit files stored on a remote FTP server or WebDAV server. You can also open files from an SVN (Subversion) server.
# Other Features -- We have added many features to make XMLBlueprint fast, easy and pleasant to work with, such as:
- XMLBlueprint starts up very fast and preloads the files you worked on last.
- Try the Outline for fast selection of nodes in long documents.
- Define your own Locations for quick acces to your files.
- Use the refactoring commands for easy and fast rework on your xml: rename elements, split or join elements, or copy only the text in your xml document.
- Add your own validator or XSLT processor, or use one of the predefined Tools.
- Make your own Snippets to easily reuse text or XML elements.
- Preview your XHTML without saving the file.
- Support for OASIS XML Catalogs is provided to speed-up your validation.
Changelog for this release:
- XML Element Inspector.
- XML Entities Inspector.
- XML Model Inspector.
- Dialog to associate XML Document with DTD, Relax NG Schema, or XML Schema.
- XPath syntax coloring.
- Faster synchronization.
- Import now supports XML CData Sections and XML Comments.
- The following translations have been improved: Chinese (Traditional), Russian.
- Generate Sample XML does not generate elements in other namespace than the namespace of the root element.
- Character ~ in shortcuts dialog.
- Right-click is sometimes very slow.
30 MB free disk space, 64 MB RAM