wList is a tool that allows you to create a list of the files and subfolders of a given folder (directory).
With one click, you can create a list of the contents of any CD/DVD/USB flash drive, or any hard disk.
You can easily search through or print this list.
wList includes the functionality of the DOS dir and Unix ls commands.
It supports file names which include Unicode characters.
* Searching - Essential for finding the file(s) you want when you have a lot of them.
* Printing - You can print a directory list and use it - perhaps as a CD cover.
* Documentation - Thanks to wList, you can easily document the contents of folders.
* Archiving - You can make a list of files before archiving them.
wList is extremely useful if you have a large number of CD/DVD discs. After saving a list of the contents of each disc one just once, you can choose to search multiple lists at the same time, whenever you need to. You'll never need to try one CD after another looking for the right file again.
You save time:
With wList, you can make simple file lists from large, complicated folders in no time. Just choose the location holding all the files you want to list, and click the 'List' button.
wList has a very simple interface, and many carefully chosen features.
You can open any file from the list with wList: just double click on the filename to open and view the selected file.
wList gives you control:
You can control the style of your folder list.
You can control the content of your list by choosing to skip certain types of files.
You can easily choose to list only files of certain types, like: archive files, audio, documents, executable files, pictures, music playlists, text files, video files, and saved web pages.
List all your pictures (GIF,JPG,PNG) or video (AVI,MP4,MPEG).
List all your MP3/WAV music files. You can create a list of all the MP3 songs on your hard disk or on a CD/DVD. Create a complete list of all of your music files!
* Easy, fast creation of file lists, which can be saved to a text file (UTF-8) or the Windows clipboard.
* Searching for files of specific types (filtering), e.g. searching for music, pictures, documents, or films.
* It's possible to skip specified types of files.
* National character support (Unicode)