WizMouse is a mouse enhancement utility that makes your mouse wheel work on the window currently under the mouse pointer, instead of the currently focused window. This means you no longer have to click on a window before being able to scroll it with the mouse wheel. This is a far more comfortable and practical way to make use of the mouse wheel.
WizMouse can also optionally enable the mouse wheel in applications that don't support it. It does this by translating mouse wheel commands into scroll bar commands that all applications can understand and process.
* Scrolls windows under the mouse without having to click first
* Enables the mouse wheel in applications that don't support mouse wheels
Once WizMouse has been installed and is active, configure it by double clicking on the WizMouse icon in the system tray.
Changelog for this release:
* On laptops with Vista/Windows 7 WizMouse would not start when running 'as administrator' when on battery power. WizMouse would also be closed whenever the Laptop switched to battery power. This was due to incorrect settings in the scheduled task used to start WizMouse (fixed)
* X1 and X2 mouse buttons should now work correctly when used with the mouse wheel
* Automatic rehooking of WizMouse is now configurable via a new 'Re-hook WizMouse if mouse capture lost' option. Some users reported that rehooking may cause issues with AutoHotkey so now it can be disabled. Note that AutoHotkey must be started AFTER WizMouse for them to work together correctly.