WizKey is a keyboard enhancement utility that makes the typing of accented and other special characters easy. The most common characters can be typed using easy to remember keyboard shortcuts, and less common characters can be selected and searched for by code or name using the built in Unicode character browser.
* Type accented letters like , , , and symbols like ©, ∞, with easy to remember shortcut keys.
* Works with any Windows application
* Type any unicode character supported by your current application's font with the Unicode Character Browser
* Search for unicode characters by name or category with the Unicode Character Browser
* Optionally type the html entity code (e.g. type "& Uuml;" instead of ) with the Unicode Character Browser
* Save time - You'll never need to remember Alt-Key combinations again
* No need to switch between keyboard input languages - Supports Spanish, German, French, Czech, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Portuguese accents and alphabets
For example, to type an e with a grave accent, just press Ctrl+` (grave key), then press e. Other letters and symbols are configured with easy to remember keyboard shortcuts. If you forget a shortcut just activate the WizKey Main Menu by tapping the Ctrl key twice and use your mouse or the arrow keys to navigate through the different character types.
Press Ctrl+ to activate the Unicode Character Browser which allows you to browse and filter through all the Unicode characters supported by the currently selected font.
Changelog for this release:
Laptops running Windows Vista/7 with WizKey set to run 'as administrator' would not start WizKey when starting up on battery power. Switching to battery power would cause WizKey to be closed. This has been fixed.