WinZip, the original and most popular compression utility for Windows, is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that zips and unzips files quickly to conserve disk space and greatly reduce email transmission time. With WinZip 12, you can compress JPEG files by 20-25% without losing photo quality, and manage and share digital photos more easily. WinZip integrates with Windows seamlessly, opens RAR, 7Z and other file types and offers AES encryption to keep files secure.
Use its award-winning Classic view or its intuitive Wizard that helps new users accomplish basic zipping and unzipping tasks quickly and easily. You can let WinZip select the best compression method for each file type to take maximum advantage of powerful advanced compression methods that create even smaller Zip files. A familiar Explorer-style view makes it easy to navigate large, multi-folder archives and the thumbnail view lets you see images in the main WinZip window quickly. WinZip is available in Standard or Pro. WinZip 12 Pro offers a new Zip from camera feature that makes it easy to import, rotate, resize and view digital photos, plus the WinZip Job Wizard that allows you to automate repetitive zipping tasks, back up data easily, archive important documents and distribute information.
You can move valuable data off site with WinZip?s FTP upload functionality, or burn a backup Zip file directly to CD or DVD.
Other WinZip benefits include:
* Accomplish most common Zip-related tasks directly from Windows Explorer without opening a separate WinZip window. ** Protect files with the same AES encryption (128- and 256-bit) approved for use by the US government.
* Zip and E-Mail files directly from Explorer with a single mouse click
* Split large Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail or removable media size constraints.
* Get the latest updates automatically with WinZip's periodic update check.
* Certified for Windows Vista.
* And much more.
Changelog for this release:
- ultra-fast zip engine that taps into your computer™s full processing power
- next-generation technology that harnesses the power of AMD graphics processors (GPUs)
- streamlined interface with a more attractive, intuitive look-and-feel
Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista