WinSSHD is SSH server for all Windows NT-series operating systems. Supported platforms include Windows NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, and 2008.
WinSSHD supports the following SSH services:
* Secure remote access via console (vt100, xterm and bvterm supported)
* Secure remote access via GUI (Remote Desktop or WinVNC required)
* Secure file transfer using SFTP and SCP (compatible with all major clients)
* Secure TCP/IP connection tunneling (port forwarding)
You can try out WinSSHD risk-free. To begin, simply download the installation executable - you will find the download links on our download page. After installing, you are free to evaluate WinSSHD for up to 30 days. If you then decide to continue using it, purchase a license.
When the personal edition is chosen during installation, WinSSHD can be used free of charge by non-commercial personal users.
We continue to invest great amounts of effort to make sure we create the best SSH software we can. These are some of the important features that make WinSSHD special:
* Ease of use: WinSSHD was written specifically for the Windows platform so that it is easy to install and configure. In a regular Windows environment, it will work immediately upon installation with no configuring. (We do however recommend tightening down settings to restrict access only to those accounts and features that you use.)
* Unlimited connections: WinSSHD imposes no limits on the number of users who can connect, and gets no more expensive for a larger number of connections. The number of simultaneous connections is limited only by system resources!
* Windows groups: WinSSHD natively supports configurability through Windows groups. No need to define account settings for each Windows account individually. WinSSHD knows what groups a user is in and, if configured, will use appropriate Windows group settings.
* Speed: WinSSHD is one of the fastest SSH servers available. With Tunnelier, SFTP file transfer speeds of up to 10 MB/s (megabytes per second) can be obtained.
* FIPS 140-2 validation: WinSSHD 5.03 uses the FIPS-certified DLL version of Crypto++ 5.3.0, validated by NIST under certificate #819.
* Single sign-on: WinSSHD supports GSSAPI-enabled Kerberos 5 key exchange, as well as NTLM and Kerberos 5 user authentication. This means that, using Tunnelier or another compatible GSSAPI-enabled client, any user in the same Windows domain, or a trusted one, can log into WinSSHD without having to verify the server's host key fingerprint, and without even having to supply a password! Using Windows group-based settings, the user's account doesn't even have to be configured in WinSSHD.
* Virtual accounts: want to set up an SFTP server with many users, but don't want to create and manage 1000 Windows accounts? No problem. WinSSHD supports virtual accounts, created in WinSSHD Settings, backed by the identity of one or more Windows accounts. WinSSHD settings for these accounts are also configurable on a virtual group basis.
* Excellent terminal support: WinSSHD provides the best terminal support available on the Windows platform. Our terminal subsystem employs sophisticated techniques to render output accurately like no other Windows SSH server. And when used with Tunnelier, our bvterm protocol supports the full spectrum of a Windows console's features: colors, Unicode characters, and large scrollable buffers.
* Flexibility: most WinSSHD features can be configured individually on a per-account basis from the user-friendly WinSSHD Control Panel. Using our Tunnelier SSH client, the WinSSHD Control Panel can be accessed and configured through the same user-friendly interface from any remote location.
* Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
* Scriptable settings: Using the supplied wcfg utility, all settings can also be configured from a text file, from a script or interactively from the command-line. Settings can also be configured programmatically through the WinsshdCfgManip COM object.
* Multi-site support: WinSSHD supports multiple simultaneous, independent installations on the same server for customers needing completely separate sites for different groups of users. Multiple WinSSHD versions can run concurrently, installed on separate sites. (A version prior to 4.10 will occupy the 'default' site.)
Changelog for this release:
When the setting "Automatically configure router (requires UPnP)" was enabled in previous SSH server versions, the service would interact with the router using Windows functions which, on recent Windows platforms, are causing a memory leak. This caused the SSH server to consume large amounts of memory if left running over a long period of time with this setting. To avoid the memory leak, automatic router configuration has been re-implemented using a different Windows API.
Accounts and authentication:
Account lookup caching has been redesigned, so that users with a large number of accounts configured in SSH server settings will no longer encounter long delays during authentication.
Password cache entries can now be added for accounts from domains with a one-way trust relationship.
Improved interoperability with SFTP clients that require the SSH_FXP_REALPATH request to succeed on the root directory ("/") when the root directory is virtual (contains a list of drives).
The lftp client has been found to incorrectly ignore the last received data packet if the EndOfData flag is set by the server, when using SFTP version 6. The SFTP subsystem will no longer set the EndOfData flag for OpenSSH-based clients (including lftp).
Improved compatibility with the Windows Firewall service on Windows 8.
It does not require any special requirements