Norton Commander Filemanager
File management is always a big issue when it comes to using today's operating systems. Most people nowadays use good old Windows Explorer for routine file management. They cut, copy, and paste day in and day out, scrolling from one folder or drive to another the best that they can.
Maybe you miss the old days of File Manager where you could see dual views of your directories or drives. Or even better, what about Norton Commander, the trusty file management tool that could do it all with shortcut keys.
WinNc is a tabbed file manager especially developed for Windows 7. It also works on the older versions of Windows. This NC clone file manager is inspired on the dual panel concept of the old file manager Norton Commander. It has shortcuts to all the Windows 7 special folders and the multiple tabbed interface allows you to organize your data by projects.
Projects can include files and folders from all over the disks that relate to the project tab and are stored virtually in the project folder as a link. With a new Windows 7 interface WinNc can do all the basic tasks you expect from a modern file manager like copy, move, delete, compress, uncompress and create links. WinNc uses logical colors for the file actions so you can quickly see if a file is being copied (green), being moved (orange) or being packed (yellow).
WinNc allows you to perform multiple tasks by setting the maximum parallel tasks to more than one task in the configuration panel. Otherwise WinNc will wait to start the new action until the previous action has finished. WinNc also converts audio, burns files on dvd and cd, creates and reads iso files, sets file attributes and you are able to keep you files synchronized using an internal sync module. From existing zip files it allows the creation of self extracting .exe files. It has a built in slideshow viewer, an audio preview player and a video player for quickly browsing and skipping through your media.
WinNc is available in the following languages:
English, German, Dutch, French, Spanish. (More languages available in beta version)
Changelog for this release:
- Fixed: Focus problem in project tabs buttons fixed.
- Fixed: Blink in picture viewer removed
- Fixed: Color of controls in search.
- Fixed: Default Font issues in CD burner panel and FTP panel
- Fixed: CTRL+'+' selects same extension but also fits the column to size.
- Fixed: Registration dialog removes leading and trailing spaces automatically
- Fixed: Registration dialog disabled 'continue' button when serial is correct.
- Fixed: Problems with open documents solved.
- Fixed: Editor improved with icons
- Fixed: Editor added new and close buttons
- Fixed: Editor open recent files open doesn't work
- Fixed: Close editor tab using ctrl+w
- Fixed: Close state tab using ctrl+w, changed shortcut for treeview.
- Fixed: Change list is not read only
- Fixed: Rar archive with numerical extension (.001) handled correctly
- Fixed: Rar missing volume handling
Standard windows requirements