WinGate Proxy Server is a sophisticated integrated Internet gateway and communications server designed to meet the control, security and communications needs of today's businesses. In addition to a comprehensive range of features, WinGate Proxy Server's license options provide you the flexibility to match your needs to your budget, whether you need to manage an enterprise, small business, or home network.
WinGate Proxy Server allows you to:
- Provide secure and managed Internet access for your entire network via a single or multiple shared internet connections
- Enforce advanced and flexible access-control and acceptable use policies
- Monitor usage in real time, and maintain per-user and per-service audit logs.
- Stop viruses, spam and inappropriate content from entering your network
- Provide comprehensive internet and intranet email services.
- Protect your servers from internal or external threats.
- Improve network performance and responsiveness with web and DNS caching
- Ease administration burdens on your internal networks.
Using WinGate Proxy Server to actively manage the use of your Internet and network resources can provide many benefits, including:
- Improved Employee productivity through reduced time wastage
- Reduced time and resources required to maintain network integrity
- Reduced Employer liabilities
- Improved efficiency, responsiveness and reliability of network access
WinGate Proxy Server will share most types of Internet connection, allowing multiple users to simultaneously surf the web, retrieve their email, or use other internet programs, as if they were directly connected to the Internet. Whether it is a simple dialup modem or high speed fibre, WinGate Proxy Server can help to make the most out of the connection. WinGate Proxy Server supports a wide variety of Internet protocols, allowing applications such as Web browsers, messaging software, FTP and SSL. WinGate Proxy Server also supports DirectPlay Internet games and Real Time Streaming Audio/Video.
Control Internet Access
With WinGate Proxy Server's user database and policies, administrators can limit and control user access to the Internet. With logging, auditing, and a real time activity and history viewer, detailed records of user activities can be easily examined. This makes WinGate Proxy Server ideal for companies, schools, Internet cafes or any environment where Internet access needs to be monitored closely.
WinGate Proxy Server comes with a built-in packet-inspecting firewall. Your network safety can be further enhanced with optional plug-in components, available seperately, which will scan incoming data for viruses, or filter out inappropriate content in web traffic
Changelog for this release:
- New: DHCP, added WPAD option, so can do WPAD without enterprise license.
- New: SOCKS server now supports SOCKS 4a.
- Fix: POP3 proxy, issue with passwords containing % symbol
- Fix: WWW Proxy: issue with lost buffered client data when tunneling FTP through WWW proxy.
- Fix: Categories: issue with categories containing non-text characters (caused problems when trying to create web access rules with PureSight categories such as "Children's").
- Fix: Schema script runtime, fixed parsing problem with certain script constructs.
- Fix: WinGate Management, fixed issue relating to trying to update help pane topic when the help pane wasn't created.
- Fix: Permissions, buffer alignment problem when storing and reading permissions objects to registry
- Fix: WinGate Management, fixed lockup on services panel when changing service status