WinCron is a task scheduling program ideal for virtually any type of unattended task management. A superset of UNIX Cron functionality, WinCron provides full scripting support for FTP, EMAIL (both SMTP and POP3), IMAGING, SENDKEYS, and STRING processing.
The integrated VBScript takes job creation to a new level.
What is WinCron?
WinCron is a powerful task scheduler with fully integrated VBScript that can be run either as an application or as an NT/2000/XP System Service. When run as a system service, WinCron utilizes both Domain User accounts as well as the LocalSystem account. WinCron fully supports synchronous, asynchronous and detached (no console) mode program execution . WinCron supports a very flexible time specification format for 'triggers'. These triggers can be fully qualified date / time specifications, relative time (e.g. 10 min from now), recurring time, constrained time (time window for execution), etc. WinCron is a 32Bit, multi-threaded task scheduler that can run a virtually unlimited number of concurrent 'jobs'. These jobs can either be loaded through the UI, on the command line or from an AutoRun.tg file. Perfect for Web Administration.
* Program WinCron with industry standard VBScript.
* Full CRON syntax as well as native WinCron syntax for matching date/time.
* Tasks can be run either synchronously or asynchronously.
* Full support for Microsoft Terminal Services / Remote Desktop.
* Programs can be run detached/hidden (in background without a console.)
* Run programs as another user.
* Rich Command Line Administration available through telnet.
* WinCron can be run as a NT/2000/XP System Service in a Domain User account and or LocalSystem account simultaneously.
* Fully scriptable FTP:
o Wildcard operations: MGet, MPut, MDel
o Recursive operations: RGet, RPut, RDel
o Automatic File Type Detection for all Get and Put operations
* Fully scriptable SMTP
o Multiple attachments
o Full control over email header construction
o SMTP Authentication
o Write Batch mailers, Auto Responders, Forwarders, etc.
o Lots of samples.
* Fully scriptable POP3
o Automatic MIME decoding of attachments
o Full control over email header parsing
o Download only headers
o Download only a 'peek' at the message body
o Write spam filters, Auto Responders, Forwarders, etc.
o Lots of samples
* Other scriptable services such as: STRING, SENDKEYS, and IMAGING.
* Recurring jobs and day skipping.
* Run only certain times of the day with Suspend and Resume directives.
* Procedure calls, ONERROR handling and access to environment variables.
* Fully supports COM and ActiveX extensions.
* New jobs can be added on-the-fly without stopping WinCron.
* Delays relative to current time for job initiation and termination
* User reminders (dialogs) can be rescheduled with a programmable button.
* Online help.
* Quiet or invisible mode.
* Sys Tray icon for easy access.
* Rich set of Date/Time macros can be expanded with scripts.
* Debugging and logging features for script development