MKV playback is fully supported including thumbnailing.
You can choose any media player you want, everything will play.
H264 / AVC, hi10p / 10bit codecs are available for use by all players.
The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of the Windows 8 Codecs.
amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb | xvid
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Things the Shark pack does that other packs cannot do:
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV\'s and 10bit MKV\'s
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification builtin
5. Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
6. Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
7. Allows singleclick setup of Bitstreamed Audio
8. Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
9. Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
10. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
11. Funtionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
12. Support \'Add to Windows Media Player List\' using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive windows media center setup package. For a list of all things automatically uninstalled by the Windows 8 codecs installer, Click Here. After installation completes you do need to rightclick the installed Settings Application shortcut found on the menu,
Start ButtonAll ProgramsShark007 Codecs and choose \'Run as Adminstrator\'
When the program opens, click the button to [associate filetypes] and Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
The Windows 8 codecs installation supports 20 localizations. The default is English and the installer includes support for the following other languages; Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish and Turkish. Languages can be added upon request.
Changelog for this release:
- update LAV filters 54.1+
- update Icaros 2.1.5