This program allows you to use your favorite applications to edit files and save them directly to the server. The WebDrive client includes proxy server support and many advanced FTP features like resume interrupted download, Auto ASCII/Binary transfer selection, and Unix file permission support. WebDrive also has SSL and SSH encryption capabilities for secure file transfers and Digest Authentication support for WebDAV servers.
The following is an abbreviated list of advanced features found in WebDrive. For a complete listing of features and functionality, please refer to the WebDrive User's Guide.
* SFTP Support - Use WebDrive to connect to your SFTP/SSH server for fast, secure file access.
* Amazon S3 Support - Use WebDrive to connect to your Amazon Web Services online storage account.
* Microsoft FrontPage Support - Connect to any website running the Microsoft FrontPage extensions.
* Firewall/Proxy server support - Login through a variety of proxy servers and firewalls, including MS Proxy 2.0, SOCKS 4.3 and SOCKS 5, and Raptor (gwpasswd).
* S/KEY Password Encryption - Use MD4 & MD5 password encryption for supported FTP servers.
* Foreign Language Support - Support for Far East languages, such as Japanese and Chinese, using DBCS.
* File Caching - WebDrive caches both file and directory listings for quick access. You can control the amount of disk space used for the cache, and whether to cache files, directory listings, or both.
* FTP resume interrupted download.
* Support for Unix file attributes through an Explorer shell extension as well as a command line utility.
* Options to transfer files in ASCII/Binary mode based on file extension.
Changelog for this release:
Fixed: For Amazon S3 servers remove check on connect for read permissions to the ACL which the client may not have when accessing a shared bucket.
Change: For FTP connections default data connections to passive mode (PASV).
Change: For Amazon S3 servers add a new setting that will allow you to control whether a check for duplicate files will be done which can speed up performance significantly by not doing the check. WebDrive will now default to not performing the check for best performance where previous versions always performed the check.
Add support for GroupDrive server WAN address setting when using QuickLinks
Fix issue with transfer manager that could make "connect at login/startup" no longer be persistent after running a transfer job.
New: Added SFTP feature to auto mount folders at connect time with a list of folders to mount.
New: Added new FTP proxy server type for login.
New: Added WebDAV /allprop option for PROPFINDS for servers that don't always return requested attributes.
Fixed: Issue with webdrive.exe processes being left running after scheduled backup jobs run
New: Added support for Amazon remote buckets and folders by specifying on the S3 bucket setting a bucket and folder with syntax like "/bucket/remote-folder"
New: Added command line option for specifying S3 bucket name /bucket: when making command line connections
Fix: Fixed S3 issues with specifying custom buckets and directory listings showing as empty.
Fix: When /batch specified on comand line prevent all popups from displaying on errors
New: When "connect at login" is specified for a drive letter if connection to the server is not possible because network is down or not established yet then the drive will be mapped anyways and whenever user clicks on the drive it will automatically attempt to reconnect to the server. This is useful for wireless networks that may not be established yet at Windows login time.
Fix: For Auto DAV lock when server does not support setting custom lock owner property, WebDrive will still consider a file locked if not locked by WebDrive.
Fix: When TLS SSL connection to server fails WebDrive will now attempt to fall back to SSL V3.
Fix: Caching issue where a subfolders contents could display at the root folder level instead of the proper level.
Added: S3 support for multipart upload for files greater than 5 GB
Fix: IIS 7 issue where attempting to access files would result in 401 errors.
40 MB of free disk space.