Web Log Storming analyzer - the web analytics that differs
Web Log Storming does far more than just generate common reports. It displays detailed web site statistics with interactive graphs and reports. Complete and detailed log analytics of activity from every visitor to your web site is only a mouse-click away.
In other words, analyze your web logs like never before!
With this website analytics software, it's easy to track goals and conversions, sessions, hits, page views, downloads, or whatever metric is most important to each user. You can look at referring pages and see which search engines and keywords were used to bring visitors to the site. Web site behavior, from the top entry and exit pages, to the paths that users follow, can be analyzed. You can learn which countries your visitors come from, and which operating systems and browsers they use. You'll learn how your bandwidth is being used, and how much time users spend on your site. You can tell how popular your files, images, directories, and queries are.
Web Log Storming allows you to:
* Track individual visitors down to the smallest details - including their previous visits and their paths through your web site
* Easily improve your ROI - stop wasting money and bandwidth with low-quality traffic
* Extensive on-the-fly filtering and complete interactivity lets you to create new reports in seconds
* Check if visitors behave as you expect. Determine if your links are prominent enough
* Practically unlimited number of interactive reports and graphs
* Your web logs are kept in fast computer memory allowing you to view filtered results immediately
* Keep your log files compressed to save disk space - it uncomporesses zip, gz and tar file automatically
* Connect to FTP or HTTP server and download updated log files automatically
* Export reports to HTML files, send them by e-mail, or copy them to the clipboard
Examples of Web Log Storming usage
You can find a lot of articles about importance of web log analysis. It's especially true if you are making money with your website or spending it on advertising. Here are few examples on how you can use Web Log Storming to improve your website or find out about any of possible problems.
1. Rate referrers by effectiveness and stop wasting advertising money
Simple referrer report sorted by number of visits is hardly enough for serious analysis. First of all, with Web Log Storming you can easily identify referrers that link to images on your server. Other analyzers usually show those as regular referrers and you don't get a real picture. With Web Log Storming you can rule out those visits by typing a wildcard in the File parameters (for example: "*.html, *.php, *.exe").
Furthermore, you can sort referrers by goal conversions. With our software it's easy to answer the question which referrer is more effective: abc.com (with 1000 visits and 10 conversions) or xyz.com (with 100 visits, but 20 conversions). If you are paying for the traffic you really can't afford to ignore this information.
2. Get deeper understanding of paid traffic
Google AdWords goals detection simply isn't enough in most cases. Plain number of conversions is an important metric, but with Web Log Storming you can view any available report based on these visits and try to improve AdWords campaign so you don't throw your money away.
For example, you can see exact search phrase and tweak keyword settings, find out what visitors do and for how long they stay before they reach the goal, do they come back later or not, etc.
3. Detect bandwidth waste
Web Log Storming allows you to easily detect bandwidth wasting. Use the Domains report to find hosts that transfer too much data and configure your web server to deny traffic from them. But don't do this blindly, as you can easily see more information about domain. Proxies can use more bandwidth than it's usual, but you don't want to blacklist them if they bring legitimate visitors.
4. Investigate individual visitors
You can inspect a behavior of individual visitors (for example, new customers) to see their actions. You can track down their first visits, see how often they come back and what pages they were interested in. Use this information to improve your website so you other visitors can find same information more easily and convert more often.
5. Find "bottlenecks"
Identify pages that don't convert well. Find out why is that and improve the content: rephrase text or put more prominent links. It's even possible that some simple but nasty typo scares potential customers away.
6. Find errors on your website
Use the Status parameter to find if there are some missing pages or mistyped URLs (type "404" in Status field), identify if hackers are trying to access restricted areas ("403") or if internal server errors happen on you website ("500").
Supported log file formats
Currently Web Log Storming supports:
* IIS W3C Extended log file format
* Apache Combined log file format
Web Log Storming requires a PC with Microsoft Windows™ 98SE, 2000, XP or Vista. Amount of RAM and processor speed depends on how many traffic your website receives.