It is ideal tool for you if you create .NET component, control, application, smart device or web site (ASP .NET) projects.
VSdocman parses the Visual Basic .NET and C# projects and automatically creates MSDN-like documentation with the table of contents, index, topics, cross-references, IntelliSense and F1 context sensitive help.
- Supports VB .NET and C# in any type of project, including class library, application, smart device, ASP .NET.
- Works with Visual Studio 2012 / 2010 / 2008 / 2005.
- Supports all .NET Frameworks: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.
- Full support for generics, extension methods, dependency properties and attached properties and other .NET features.
- Works in GUI and command line modes.
- No need for compiled assemblies. Everything is extracted directly from the source code. This is especially useful for ASP .NET projects.
- You can select which members will be documented using filtering by type, accessibility, project file, name and attributes.
- You can add your own topics such as overview, examples, license agreement, usage descriptions, etc.
- Profiles for settings.
- Conditional compilation. You can define conditional constants and add condition to the member comment. This way you can include or exclude specific members from documentation.
With VSdocman you can:
* Add and use standard XML comments or JavaDoc comments in your .NET source code.
* Take advantage of its sophisticated WYSIWYG comment editor which helps you write your XML comments.
* Easily insert clickable class diagrams, tables, lists, pictures, links and other formatting directly in your source code.
* Generate professional documentation in multiple and localizable output formats - HTML, CHM, MS Help Viewer, Help2, Docx, RTF, Help & Manual, XML.
* Fully integrate generated help into VS help system.
* Generate documentation in command line mode.
* Easily deploy Help2 documentation to the target computers using accompanied royalty-free command-line utility.
VSdocman works as an add-in with MS Visual Studio .NET 2005/2008/2010/2012. You will get your API reference with just single mouse click. In large projects, VSdocman will save many days of boring tedious work.
* All in one . You can create complex comments, generate documentation and then deploy and register it.
* Professional documentation of your components can be created in seconds for your customers or co-developers.
* Consistency. All changes in the code are automatically reflected in newly generated documentation.
* Documentation in various formats can be generated with a few mouse clicks and you have documentation in all supported formats in a few minutes.
* Efficient communication within the team, especially when version control (e.g. SourceSafe) is used.
Visual Studio 2005 and higher